Fusion cuisine is one that combines elements of different culinary traditions. Cuisines of this type are not categorized according to any one particular cuisine style and have played a part in a number of innovations. Fusion food is a general term for the combination of various forms of cookery and comes in several forms. So here is the recipe:
- Cucumber peeled and chopped 4 medium
- Quinoa 1 cup
- Olive oil to drizzle + 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder 2 teaspoons
- Garlic cloves finely chopped 6-8
- Ginger finely chopped ½ inch piece
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoons
- Fresh parsley chopped 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream ½ cup
- Yogurt ¼ cup
- Fresh mint (pudina) chopped ¼ cup
- Curry powder 1 teaspoon
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add the cumin powder, garlic, ginger, lemon juice. Sauté till raw flavor of the garlic and ginger goes away.
- Add parsley, quinoa, salt mix well and cook for two to three minutes or till the mixture is dry. Transfer in a bowl and set aside to cool down.
- Blend the cucumbers with sour cream, yogurt, remaining parsley, mint, curry powder to a smooth paste.
- Transfer in a serving bowl. Top with quinoa mixture, drizzle oil and serve chilled garnished with mint sprigs.