- Scraped coconut fresh 1 cup
- Butter 115 grams
- Pie shells half-baked 2 medium
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) 1½ cups
- Eggs 3
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Cream together butter and castor sugar in a bowl with an electric beater. Add eggs gradually and whisk well.
- Add vanilla essence and vinegar and whisk well. Add ¾ cup coconut and fold in well.
- Place the pie moulds on a baking tray and fill them with coconut mixture up to ¾ full and tap. Sprinkle the remaining coconut on top.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and demould.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and demould. Cut into wedges, dust some icing sugar on top and serve.