Ingredients Of Coconut And Mango Gateau
- 100 gm butter
- 100 gm icing sugar
- 100 gm coconut powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Apricot jam/ orange jelly to glaze
- 2 chopped mangoes or puree
- Shreds of browned coconut
- Cream, optional
For the Soaking Syrup:
50 gm sugar
- 100 ml water
- 2 Tbsp rum
- Strip of sweet lime rind
How to Make Coconut and Mango Gateau
- Beat butter and icing sugar together.
- Add coconut powder, eggs, lemon juice and flour.
- Bake in a greased and lined tin at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- For the Syrup:
- Boil the sugar, water and lemon rind together till it thickens.
- Add rum. Drizzle the syrup over the cake.
- Top with chopped mangoes or puree.
- Glaze with jelly or some cream.
- Let it chill for a while.
- Garnish with browned coconut shreds before serving.
- Serve chilled.
Source : NDTV