In south Delhi’s Ghitorni zone four sanitation workers died of suffocation while cleaning a septic tank today, police said.
Five men had gone down to clean the tank in a family in the territory yet did not turn out for long. They were later hauled out in an oblivious state by fire office work force following 60 minutes in length operation at around 10 in the morning.
It is suspected that they breathed in poisonous gasses inside the tank.
Three of them were taken to the Fortis Hospital, while the other two were taken to the AIIMS Trauma Center and the Safdarjung Hospital.
Four specialists, recognized as Swarn Singh (45), Dipu (28), Anil (23) and Balwinder (32), were proclaimed brought dead.
Jaspal, Swarn Singh’s child, is right now experiencing treatment at Fortis.
Every one of the five are inhabitants of Ambedkar Colony in Chhattarpur.