Well it is a surprising source of vitamin C and provides useful amounts of starch, thiamine and niacin and around a hundred grams will provide about eighty calories. So here is the recipe:
- Potatoes boiled and mashed 5-6 medium
- Mustard Oil 2 tablespoons
- Coriander seeds 1 teaspoon
- Dried red chillies 2
- Onions chopped 3 medium
- Garlic crushed 3-4 cloves
- Green chillies chopped 3-4
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder (amchur) 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Crush the coriander seeds in a mortar with a pestle.
- Cut the red chillies into small pieces. When the oil begins to smoke, add the red chillies and onions and sauté for three to four minutes
- Add garlic and continue to sauté.
- Add green chillies, crushed coriander seeds, coriander powder and cumin powder and stir.
- Add potatoes and mix.
- Add amchur and salt and mix well.
- Serve hot with littis.