French cooking consists of cooking traditions and practices from France. At one time French cuisine was a lot prejudiced by Italian cuisine. It was in the 17th century that some chefs led a group that urbanized France’s possess indigenous style by uneven it away from its foreign influences. Cheese and wine are a major part of the cuisine, playing different roles regionally and nationally, with many variations. French cuisine was codified in the 20th century as the modern haute cuisine. Information of French cooking has contributed considerably to Western cuisines and its criteria are used widely in Western cookery school boards and culinary education. French regional cuisine is characterized by its extreme diversity and style. Conventionally, each district of France has its own distinctive cooking. So here is the recipe of chocolate with Salted Caramel:
- Dark chocolate chopped 200 grams
- Milk 200 millilitres
- Fresh cream 200 millilitres
- Egg yolks 4
- Sugar 40 grams
- Salt 5 grams
- Sugar 60 grams
- Butter 90 grams
- Fresh cream 60 millilitres
- Heat milk in a non-stick pan. Add cream and mix well.
- Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk well.
- Gradually add milk cream mixture to the whisked eggs and sugar while mixing well.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Switch off heat. Add chocolate and mix well till chocolate melts.
- Pour the mixture into serving glasses and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- To make the salted caramel, melt sugar in a non-stick pan till it caramelizes. Add butter and mix. Add cream and mix well. Switch off heat, add salt and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Pour over the creamy chocolate and serve.