- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 100 ml water
- 1 Tbsp rum
- 1 chocolate cake
- 450 gm plain melted chocolate
- 450 ml whipped cream
- Handful of dry garden leaves
- Melted chocolate
- In a saucepan, simmer sugar and water for 2 minutes. Stir in the rum.
- Place the cake slice at the base of an 8″ cake tin and moisten with the syrup.
For the topping:
- Let the melted chocolate cool without setting. Pour into the whipped cream and stir well.
- Spoon it into the cake tin and smoothen the surface. Chill overnight.
- Remove from tin and dust with cocoa powder.
To prepare decoration:
- Brush garden leaves with melted chocolate and leave to cool.
- Peel the leaves off the chocolate and arrange the “chocolate leaves” over the pie before serving.