The cuisine of The United States is a rich amalgamation of peoples, religions and cultures thanks to the immigrants from different parts of the world. They brought with them their local ingredients as well as cooking styles with them. Yet amidst all these varieties Chinese and Italian cuisines dominate. During the 18th and 19th centuries, the Americans developed a number of new foods. What characterised the American cuisine is the adaptation of a fusion of multiple ethnic cooking styles. During this period food production and presentation became more industrialised. So here is the recipe:
- Dark chocolate chopped ½ cup
- Refined flour (maida) ¼ cup
- Butter ¼ cup
- Eggs 2
- Powdered sugar 3 tablespoons
- Baking powder ¼ teaspoon
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Place chocolate in a bowl. Roughly chop butter, add and heat in a microwave for a minute. Remove from microwave and mix well till smooth.
- Break eggs into a bowl, add powdered sugar and whisk well with an electric blender. Add cocoa powder and melted chocolate-butter mixture and whisk again till well incorporated.
- Sieve together flour and baking powder over the chocolate mixture and whisk well.
- Place silicon cupcake moulds on a baking tray, put the batter into them till ¾ full and tap. Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Take a serving plate, place a paper on one side and dust some cocoa powder on the other side. Remove the paper.
- Demould the cupcakes and place on the plate, dust some icing sugar on top. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and spread some strawberry syrup on one side of the plate. Cut open one cupcake so that the molten chocolate oozes out. Serve immediately.