- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
To make the truffles:
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in milk and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix on low until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm enough to roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place rolled balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes so they can firm up.
To dip the truffles:
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt for 60 seconds at 50% power. Stir. Repeat for 30 seconds intervals or until chocolate is completely melted. Allow to cool slightly if very hot.
- Remove a handful of balls from the freezer at a time and dip in chocolate. Tap off any excess coating and place back on wax paper to set. (Add mini chips while the coating is still wet if desired.)
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.