- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup cacao paste, broken up into small pieces
- 2 drops organic peppermint essential oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ½ teaspoon chaga extract powder
- ¼ cup sun-dried cane juice crystals or coconut sugar pinch of sea salt
- 3-4 tablespoons raw honey (crystallized) or ⅓ cup dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, solid
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (crystallized), light colored
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 drop organic peppermint essential oil (food grade)
- pinch of sea salt
- Process almonds in a high-power blender or in a food processor to make a fine flour.
- Add all ingredients, except honey, to a food processor, process until combined into a fine mixture (about 1 minute), then add honey and mix until sticking together like a crumbly dough.
- Roll into a ¼-inch-thick dough between two sheets of parchment paper on a cutting board using a straight-sided glass or a rolling pin to evenly compact the dough.
- Chill for 30 minutes or so until set firm.
- Cut rounds with a cookie cutter, and remove from parchment paper carefully. Chill until ready to serve. Store chilled.
- Mix together all ingredients for the Peppermint Filling by hand until whipped and fluffy.
- Spread the Peppermint Filling onto each cookie, and sandwich with another. Store chilled.