- 1 Chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 Egg boiled
- 30 gm desi ghee
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 250 gm tomato paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tbsp chilly powder
- ¼ tbsp garam masala
- 80 g amul cream ( or fresh cream )
- ½ tbsp chaat masala
- 2 lemon ( juice)
- 15 g ginger cut in small pieces
- 2 green chillies cut long
- ½ tbsp dried methi leaves (kasoori methi)
- 20-25 makhane ( puffed lotus seeds ) ,fried in ghee
- Salt to taste
- 50 g kaju
- ¼ cup water
- 3 onions cut
- Roast the chicken pieces and keep them aside
- Deep fry onion pieces in ghee and keep aside. Then fry makhane and keep aside.
- Add ghee to a cooking vessel and heat. Add milk, ginger garlic paste, tomato paste, coriander powder, chilly powder, garam masala to the ghee. Let it cook for 10 mins on normal flame.
- Grind the fried onions and kaju with water in a grinder to make a thick paste.
- Add this kaju paste to the cooking vessel along with chaat masala and salt and cook for another 5-7 mins.
- Now add 75 g of cream, methi leaves, 1 green chilly, half of cut ginger, lemon juice and stir.
- Transfer the roasted chicken pieces into the gravy and leave it on low flame for 5-7 mins.
- Later garnish with rest of chillies, ginger pieces, fried makhane and cut boiled egg.
- Chicken Changezi is ready to be served with rice or roti or chapati