Chibok young ladies: Nigeria denies Boko Haram detainee swap


Government rejects reports it exchanged furnished gathering's detainees for 21 young ladies snatched in 2014 from the town of Chibok. 

China woos key India ally Bangladesh with investment

Nigeria's legislature has denied that it exchanged Boko Haram detainees for 21 schoolgirls liberated by the outfitted gathering. 

Addressing journalists, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said that no detainee swap had occurred, repeating that the discharge on Thursday of the young ladies who had been hijacked from the town of Chibok in 2014 was the result of months of transactions. 

"Unquestionably, there was no swap of any sort," Osinbajo said because of reports that an arrangement with Boko Haram had occurred. 

"There was no trade." 

Boko Haram seized 276 students from the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok on April 14, 2014. Fifty-seven figured out how to escape in the quick result of the snatching, yet almost 200 different young ladies are as yet absent. 

Habiba Balogun, a Bring Back Our Girls campaigner, said she was assuaged to catch wind of Thursday's discharge, however included that significantly more work still should have been finished. 

"You can't be cheerful, in light of the fact that they discharged 21 there's still 197 young ladies there, from one viewpoint," she told Al Jazeera. 

"Then again, we're similar to diminished that – my God, finally – a few young ladies have been discharged." 

The arrangement for the arrival of the young ladies was facilitated by the Swiss government and the International Committee of the Red Cross. 

Al Jazeera's Ahmed Idris, reporting from the northern city of Kano, said arrangements between the Nigerian government and Boko Haram had been occurring for quite a while. 

He included, be that as it may, that "numerous Nigerians trust their legislature will need to give Boko Haram warriors something as an end-result of the arrival of whatever remains of the young ladies. In any case, this is a decent day for the groups of the young ladies who've been liberated". 

Data Minister Lai Mohammed depicted the liberating of the 21 as "a dependable initial phase in the possible discharge" of the considerable number of schoolgirls in bondage. 

"It is likewise a noteworthy stride in certainty working between us as an administration and the Boko Haram authority on the issue of the Chibok young ladies," he told journalists on Thursday. 

Major political issue 

Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari had already consented to a detainee swap. 

In August, he told writers amid the Tokyo International Conference on African Development in Kenya that he would be interested in swapping Boko Haram contenders for the kidnapped young ladies. 

"In the event that they would prefer not to converse with us specifically, let them pick a universally perceived Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), persuade them that they are holding the young ladies and that they need Nigeria to discharge various Boko Haram pioneers in detainment, which they should know. 

"In the event that they do it through the 'altered administration' of Boko Haram and they converse with a globally perceived NGO, then Nigeria will be set up to talk about for their discharge," he said.In 2015, the legislature was said to have been near securing the arrival of the young ladies through a swap however authorities said arrangements amongst government and the outfitted gathering broken down three times. 

"Desires were high. Lamentably, after over two weeks of arrangement and deals, the gathering, exactly at the diminishing minutes, issued another arrangement of requests never expected or talked about by the gathering before the development to Maiduguri," Mohammed, the data serve, said. 

"This while, the security organizations held up quietly. This advancement slowed down what might have been the principal discharge procedure of the Chibok young ladies." 

The grabbing has turned into a noteworthy political issue in Nigeria, with the administration and military censured for their treatment of the episode and their inability to protect the young ladies. 

Around 2,000 young ladies and young men have been stole by Boko Haram since 2014, with numerous utilized as sex slaves, contenders and even suicide planes, as indicated by Amnesty International.

For more latest hindi news click here