Chennai: Fire breaks out in textile showroom

450

CHENNAI: A fire occurred in Chennai Silks textile showroom on Wednesday morning at T Nagar. The reports revealed that no one has been wounded.

The security guard noticed the smoke coming out from the ground floor. Later, he informed fire personnel at around 4.54am about the matter.

Nearly eight fire brigades from T Nagar, Egmore and Kilpauk reached to the area to douse the flames.

The smoke broke out from seventh floor of building.

Firemen stated the fire occurred due to electric short circuit. The reason behind firing has not been known yet.

About twelve men who were there in the canteen on the seventh floor were evacuated through skylift.

NO COMMENTS