ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
half a loaf of bread or 4 to 5 slices of bread, whole wheat or brown or multi grain or white bread
2 tbsp butter, salted or unsalted
3 to 4 medium garlic, minced or grated or crushed
100 grams cheese or ½ cup grated cheese, processed or cheddar or mozzarella cheese
black pepper as required
red chili flakes as required
dry oregano or any herb as required
salt as required to be added if using unsalted butter
How to make the recipe:
- preheat oven for 200 degrees celsius/392 degrees fahrenheit before starting.
- slice the loaf of bread in slices having 0.75 inches width. now halve each slice.
- take 2 tbsp softened butter (butter at room temperature) in a bowl. i used salted butter (amul butter). if using unsalted butter, then add a bit of salt.
- grate or mince 3 to 4 medium garlic directly into the butter. instead of garlic, you can also add garlic chives.
- mix the grated garlic very well with the butter.
- grate 100 grams cheddar or mozzarella cheese. about ½ cup grated cheese.
- now spread the garlic butter evenly on all the slices.
- top with the cheese generously.
- sprinkle with your favorite herb or spice. you can add oregano, basil, red chili flakes, black pepper, italian seasoning etc.
- place the bread slices in a baking tray.
- now keep the baking tray on the top most rack of your OTG. if using a microwave oven in the convection mode, then keep the baking tray on the glass turn table.
- bake at 200 degrees celsius/392 degrees fahrenheit for 5 to 6 minutes till the edges become a light golden and a bit crisp. the cheese will also melt. you don't need to toast these slices.
- serve these cheesy garlic bread hot with tomato ketchup as a starter or as as a snack.