Fusion cuisine is one that combines elements of different culinary traditions. Cuisines of this type are not categorized according to any one particular cuisine style and have played a part in a number of innovations. Fusion food is a general term for the combination of various forms of cookery and comes in several forms. So here is the recipe:
- Rolled oats 2 tablespoons
- Digestive biscuits crumbs ¼ cup
- Melted butter 2 tablespoons
- Honey 1 teaspoon + 2 tablespoons
- Almonds sliver 1 tablespoon
- Walnuts chopped 1 tablespoon
- Paneer (cottage cheese) grated ½ cup
- Hung yogurt ½ cup
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Whipped cream 1 cup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kiwi peeled and finely chopped 1 medium
- Red grapes finely chopped 4-6
- Pineapple peeled and cut into small pieces ¼ medium
- Orange segments 3-4
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnishing
- Roast oats in a non-stick pan till light golden and transfer into a bowl. Add biscuit crumbs, melted butter, 1 teaspoon honey, almond slivers and walnuts and mix well.
- Line a spring bottom cheesecake tin with oats-biscuit mixture and press to level it out. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or till set.
- Grind together cottage cheese, hung yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey and vanilla essence to a smooth mixture. Transfer into another bowl.
- Add whipped cream and fold well. Add lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour the cottage cheese mixture on top of the biscuit layer filling the tin upto ¾ full tap lightly. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or till set.
- Mix together kiwi, grapes and pineapple in another bowl. Refrigerate.
- Spread the fruit mixture on top of set cheesecake and level it out.
- Demould, place orange segments on top and serve immediately garnished with a mint sprig.