- Cheddar cheese grated 1 cup
- Bacon chopped 100 grams
- Refined flour (maida) 1½ cups + for dusting
- Oil 1 tablespo + for greasing
- Fresh yeast 20 grams
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder 1 teaspoon
- Fresh basil leaves shredded 8-10
- Crushed black peppercorns 1 teaspoon
- Put the yeast in a small bowl. Add sugar and 2-3 tablespoons warm water and set aside to activate for 5 minutes.
- Mix together flour, salt and activated yeast in a mixing bowl. Add sufficient water and knead into a soft dough. Add 1 tablespoon oil and knead again. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking tray with some oil.
- Mix together cheese, bacon, garlic powder, basil leaves and crushed peppercorns in another bowl.
- Dust the worktop with some flour. Place the dough on it and roll into a thin rectangular sheet. Spread the cheese mixture evenly on it and roll tightly.
- Cut the roll into thick slices. Arrange the slices on the baking tray, place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.