New Delhi: Losing weight is not so easy, but it is also not so difficult either – when you know and follow the appropriate strategies. Here are some of the nutrients that make you fit and help in losing your fat also:
- Calcium: Calcium is not only required for strong bones and teeth, but it is also vital for muscle contraction and energy metabolism. Research shows that a lack of calcium in the body can trigger the release of calcitriol, a hormone that could cause fat storage in the body. Make sure you give yourself enough calcium.
2. Vitamin C: This powerful antioxidant is essential for building muscle as well as forburning fat. It helps metabolise carbs for energy and also protects the body from exercise-induced oxidative stress. According to a review published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, higher vitamin C intakes are associated with lower body-mass indexes – an indicator of physical fitness.
3. Glucomannan: A fibre, which helps in weight loss, Glucomannan has the potential to reduce the absorption of fat in the body. Thus, nullifying the calorie effect. Glucomannan also gives a feeling of fullness, so you feel less hungry and don’t pile on calories through snacking on junk food.
4. Licorice Extract: It has been said that the people with cholesterol problem managed to significantly reduce their LDL, or bad cholesterol, after taking licorice root extracts for just a month. Licorice was found to help the body to regulate cortisol, the stress hormone. This reduces the stress from the adrenal gland and increases the efficiency of your workout.
5. Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12, which is often included as part of a weight loss protocol, ensures that the brain and muscles communicate efficiently, which improves muscle growth and co-ordination. Vitamin B12 boosts energy and improves your metabolism which helps in weight loss.
6. Magnesium: Magnesium is a vital mineral needed by muscles, soft tissues and body fluids. It plays a vital part in muscle contraction and helps to boost energy levels. It also helps reduce fatigue and muscle cramps.
7. Iron: Make sure you take enough iron, a mineral that’s vital to our health. Most of the iron in your body is in our red blood cells. Red blood cells transport oxygen from our lungs to the organs and tissues throughout your body. Iron plays an important role in creating energy from nutrients. It also contributes to the transmission of nerve impulses – the signals that coordinate the actions of different parts of your body.