Chaandi korma is a recipe with rich and smooth white curry made with khoya and fresh cream. It has cleaned soft chicken pieces dipped in gravy filled with pistachios, almonds and has an essence of dried rose petal paste. This low carb, low sodium and gluten free and easy to cook recipe can be enjoyed on the auspicious occasion of Eid ul fitr, Bakri id. Garnish it with silver vark and nuts and enjoy with your family and friends.
500 gm chicken
1 teaspoon ginger paste
50 ml refined oil
1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
15 gm dry rose petals
5 gm pistachios
1 teaspoon garlic paste
2 medium onion
1/4 cup khoya
1/2 cup yoghurt (curd)
15 gm almonds
10 gm silver vark
- Clean the chicken and cut it into pieces. Take a chopping board and chop onions. In a grinder, add almonds and grind nicely.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it over medium flame. Add onions and fry until golden brown. Now add ginger and garlic paste and mix.
- With pestle and mortar, crush the green chilies to obtain a paste form. Add the green chili paste and mix well.Add the almond paste, khoya and yogurt, cook slowly until the khoya melts completely.Add the white pepper powder and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and stir to cook. Add a cup of water and stir.
- Let the chicken cook for sometime. Once the chicken becomes soft, add fresh cream and mix. Mix in cardamom powder and rose petal powder
- Serve on platter and garnish with almonds, pistachios and silver vark.