If there is one vegetable that is truly a nutritional hero then it is bound to be the carrot. A goldmine of nutrients, this is the reason they can be even termed as worth the other ‘karat’ (as in gold)! Ranging in colours from orange, black, pink to red, yellow and white, this delicious vegetable is within the reach of rich and poor alike and is rightly called the universal root. So here is the recipe:
- Carrot fettuccine pasta as required
- Basil leaves fried 8-10
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon + as required
- Salt to taste
- Cherry tomatoes halved 4-6
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Boil sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan. Add some olive oil, salt and pasta and boil till it floats on the surface. Place in chilled water and transfer on a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add cherry tomatoes and sauté for 30 seconds. Add boiled pasta and mix.
- Add crushed peppercorns and salt and mix. Add fried basil leaves, mix and cook for a 30 seconds.
- Serve hot.