Italian cuisine has developed through centuries of social and political changes, with roots stretching to antiquity. Italian cuisine is simple and a number of dishes having only four to eight ingredients. They rely mostly on the quality of ingredients rather than elaborate preparation. Noteworthy changes in Italian cuisine happened with the discovery of the New World and the introduction of potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers and maize, which are now an integral part of this cuisine. Italian cuisine is known for its regional diversity each with a distinct taste. This cuisine today is probably one of the most popular in the world. So here is the recipe:
- Coffee powder 1½ teaspoons + for dusting
- Chocolate ice cream 1 1/2 cups
- Chocolate sauce 1/4 cup
- Ice cubes as required
- Whipped cream for garnishing
- To make coffee decoction, heat ¼ cup water in a non-stick pan, add coffee powder and mix well. Cook till it thickens. Cool to room temperature.
- Blend together chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce reserving some for rimming and coffee decoction till smooth.
- Rim individual glasses with reserved chocolate sauce, place some of the ice cubes in each glass, pour the prepared chocolate cooler, pipe out a rosette on top, dust coffee powder on top and serve chilled.