- 36 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese – softened
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter- softened
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or peppermint) extract
- 1 3.9 oz. box vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding (for 4 x ½ cups serving)
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ½ cup crushed candy cane or peppermint candies
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 4.5 oz. white chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- For Garnish:
- 1.5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate-melted
- Crushed candy canes
- Snowflake sprinkles
- To assemble Candy Cane Pie you’ll need dish with at least 8 cup volume. I used 9.5 x 2 inch tart pan with removable bottom. If you don’t have one I suggest 9 inch springform pan or deep pie dish.
- To make the crust in a food processor ground whole Oreo cookies with the filling into fine crumbs. Stir in ½ cup melted butter until evenly moistened. Press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides of tart pan. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- To make the filling mix 1 ½ cups heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add ¼ confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract and continue mixing until STIFF peaks form. You can use peppermint extract instead of vanilla, it’s up to your taste. Set aside.
- Beat softened cream cheese and ½ cup softened butter until smooth. Add 1 cup Confectioners’ sugar and beat until well blended.
- In a small heatproof bowl dissolve 2 teaspoon gelatin in 2 tablespoons cold. Set aside for 5 mins. Heat over double broiler until the gelatin has melted, set aside to cool.
- Stir white chocolate or vanilla instant pudding with ¾ cup milk until thickens.
- Add the pudding into cream cheese and butter mixture, mix to combine. Add 2 cups of beaten heavy cream(reserve leftovers of for garnish), mix on low speed just to combine. Add cooled melted gelatin and mix just to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and crushed candy canes. Pour into crust, smooth the top and refrigerate until firm (5-6 hours).
- To make the topping in a heatproof bowl place white chocolate chips or finely chopped white chocolate. Heat heavy cream until gentle simmer, pour over white chocolate and let it sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir until all chocolate has melted and the ganache is smooth. Spread on top of firmed filling.
- To garnish the pie, melt 1.5 oz. chocolate, transfer in a small ziploc bag, cut off the corner and drizzle over the white chocolate layer. Use leftovers of beaten heavy cream to pipe the swirls around the pie.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and snowflake sprinkles.
- Store in the fridge.