Treasure house of vitamins and minerals, spinach must be included in the week's menu. The usage can be varied: chopped spinach leaves cooked with potatoes is a semi-wet vegetable with rotis, a few spinach leaves thrown in with mixed vegetables and turned into a soup is lovely on a cold winter night, chopped and blanched spinach makes a different sort of raita, spinach puree can be used in cutlets or kababs, the list goes on. So here is the recipe:
- Spinach chopped 30 leaves
- Potatoes boiled and grated 3 medium
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- Vegetable stock 4 cups
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add chopped onion and sauté for a couple of minutes taking care that the colour of onion does not change.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil. Add grated potatoes and finely chopped spinach leaves and cook till the leaves are tender.
- Add salt to taste and black pepper powder. Add milk and bring to a boil. Serve piping hot.