Ingredients Of English Butter Toffee
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 115 gm milk chocolate
- 115 gm German chocolate
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
How to Make English Butter Toffee
- Butter a jelly sheet.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Over medium heat bring these to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Continue boiling, shaking pan occasionally until temperature on candy thermometer reaches 305 (hard crack).
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Pour onto sheet in 10″x10″ square.
- Let cool thoroughly.
- Melt chocolates over low very heat.
- Spread 1/2 on top side of toffee.
- Immediately sprinkle with 1/2 of nuts.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Turn over with a spatula.
- Repeat chocolate and nut steps on second side.
- When firm, break into pieces. Store in air tight container in cool, dry place.
Source : NDTV