This Bruschetta Pasta Salad is a perfect summer side dish. Loaded with tomatoes, basil, parmesan cheese and noodles this salad is a must make dish!
Was there ever a better foodie match than tomatoes with basil and garlic and cheese? Now let’s add some noodles and you have a Bruschetta Pasta Salad. Oh yes…think about that for a second. You want to make it don’t you? Picture yourself on a sunny summer deck, with a glass of wine (or sparkler) in hand…you’re sitting down to a delicious summer meal and this salad is on the menu. Ahhhhh
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 5 tomatoes, chopped (I use vine ripened because they have the most flavour!)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped finely
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 – 4 tsp balsamic vinegar (to your taste)
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, chopped basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese.
- Let this mixture rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Then toss the tomato mixture with the cooked noodles.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- You can serve and enjoy this recipe right away, or let it rest for up to an hour before enjoying!