- 12 white bread slices
- 1 large potato,boiled,peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 medium onions,sliced into round
- ½ capsicum sliced into rounds (optional)
- chaat masala powder
- pepper powder
- Salted butter
For green chutney
- 1 small bunch cilantro leaves,washed,and roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch mint leaves,washed and roughly chopped
- 2 green chillies
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For green chutney:
- Grind all the ingredients expect lemon juice into a thick paste with very less water. just add 1-2 tablespoon water as you grind to ease the grinding,the chutney should be easily spreadable and not runny. finally add the lemon juice and mix well. Set aside or store refrigerated.
- How to make Bombay grilled sandwich recipe
- Take a bread slice and spread softened butter over it. Now add 1-2 teaspoons green chutney and spread.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes,cucumber,onion and capsicum. Sprinkle little chaat masala powder,pepper powder.
- Take another bread slice and sandwich the veggies. Gently spread some butter over it. Repeat the same with all the bread slices to get 6 sandwich.
- Toast the sandwich in a electric grill/stove top grill or grill plate in a sandwich maker till the bread becomes slightly golden brown. Serve bombay grilled sandwich hot with mint chutney/sauce immediately.
1. Butter gives the authentic taste and flavor to this recipe,if you don't have butter you can add ghee but definitely do not add oil to toast the sandwich.
2. You can ad thinly sliced beets along with other veggies.
3. Here I have grilled the sandwich for a short time. If you want your sandwich crispy you can grill till they become golden brown.
4. Do not miss to sprinkle chaat powder and pepper powder over the veggies as they really add a zing