NEW DELHI: The Bhartiya Janata Party won the by elections in Assam and Madhya Pradesh. Union Minister Ananth Kumar alleged on Tuesday that the people supported Prime Minister Narendra Modi's demonetization move to remove corruption and black money from the country.
Key Highlights :
1. "The individuals of India are with Narendra Modi," Mr Kumar pronounced in parliament as reports came in that the BJP has held both seats in Madhya Pradesh – the Nepanagar get together seat and Shahdol Lok Sabha situate.
2. In Assam, as Madhya Pradesh a BJP-ruled express, the BJP has won the Lakhimpur Lok Sabha situate by a colossal edge. This seat was emptied by Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal. The BJP has additionally won Baithalangso get together seat, where the Congress applicant who had won in May joined the BJP.
3. Results are being reported today for by-races held for four parliament and 10 get together voting public in six states – Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, West Bengal, Tripura, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu – and one union domain, Puducherry.
4. In Arunachal Pradesh, Desingu Pul, the spouse of previous boss priest Kalikho Pul, who submitted suicide in August, is challenging his get together seat Hayuliang as a BJP competitor. The BJP backs the state government after Chief Minister Pema Khandu split far from the Congress.
5. In West Bengal, by-decisions were held for one get together seat – Monteswar – and two parliament seats – Coochbehar and Tamluk – all held by the Trinamool Congress of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. The gathering is set to win back each of the three seats.
6. In Tamil Nadu, by-races were held for Thanjavur and Aravakurichi gathering seats where surveying was crossed out amid the state races this year on account of assertions that gatherings were influencing voters. Every one of the three AIADMK competitors, who were in direct challenge with opponent DMK, have won.
7. Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy of the Congress has won the Nellithope Assembly situate. Mr Narayanasamy is a Lok Sabha administrator and expected to end up an individual from the state get together inside six months of being confirmed as Chief Minister in May.
8. In Tripura, the Congress and the decision CPM are safeguarding a get together seat each in Barjala and Khowai.
9. These were the primary races after the coin boycott, over which an assembled restriction has assaulted the administration calling its execution of the demonetisation defective and without sympathy toward the poor who have endured hardships due to the money crunch that has taken after.
10. The government has said these are getting teeth issues in a monstrous practice to find defilement and that it has the general population's support. PM Modi has guaranteed to settle the trade issue out 50 days.