On Thursday the Indian Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni turns out to be 35. MS Dhoni is the only Indian captain to have led his elevation to all three most important ICC tournaments. From captivating the maiden T20 World Cup in 2007 on his captaincy entrance to foremost India to a World Cup success on dwelling soil and serving India preserve the top spot in the Test rankings, he is the majority victorious Indian captain. In 2013 Dhoni also became the only Indian captain to win the Champions Trophy. Known as the world’s best finisher of the game of Cricket, not much can ruffle the feathers of Captain Cool. There aren’t enough adjectives to describe this cricketing genius, his leadership skills are unparalleled, his understanding of the game highly effective and his brute strength makes him a dangerous batsman.
Some Facts about him
- The wicketkeeper batsman made his ODI debut against Bangladesh in 2004, and was run out on the first ball.
- His net worth is $30 million, which exceeds Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar’s net worth.
- MSD is fast friends with Bipasha Basu and John Abraham. Perhaps Mahi’s long golden locks, that were admired by none other than former Pakistan President Parvez Musharraf
- Dhoni is India’s most successful cricket captain, having led India to 27 test victories and a whopping 163 one-day victories. His win percentage is also unparalleled: 45% in tests and 61% in one-day internationals
- In 2007, it was Sachin Tendulkar who recommended MS Dhoni’s name for India’s skipper, given Dhoni’s calm nature and friendly equation with the rest of the team.
- MSD loves fast bikes. He has 23 of them, and counting
- In 2012, Sports Prorated Dhoni as the sixteenth most marketable athlete in the world