- bread slices – 6 – 8
- besan or chickpea flour – 1 cup
- rice flour – ¼ cup
- onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- green chili – 1 – 2 (finely chopped)
- coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- cumin powder (roasted) – 1 teaspoon
- ginger (grated) – ¾ teaspoon
- asafoetida powder or hing – a pinch
- red chili powder – ½ teaspoon (optional)
- salt – to taste
- oil – as required
- water – as required
- Peel and chop onion into small pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients except bread slices into a bowl.
- Add required amount of water, mix well to make a batter of medium consistency.
- Cut the bread slices into triangular pieces.
- Dip each bread slice into the batter. Coat each bread slice with batter on both the sides.
- Heat a tawa and grease it with oil.
- Place the bread slices on the hot tawa.
- Add oil around the edges and roast it on both the sides on low flame till both the sides get roasted well.
- Transfer it to a serving plate and serve bread besan toast with chutney or sauce.
You can also try adding veggies like chopped capsicum, grated carrots etc.
You can also add little bit of pepper powder to this.