Karwa Chauth is time of the year when married women strut up to fast for their husbands and to make sure you look your beautiful best on the auspicious occasion, Here are some home beauty tips for this big day by the beauty expert Shahnaz Husain.
- Mix a mask at home with two teaspoons wheat bran (choker), one teaspoon each of ground almonds (badaam), curd, honey and rose water. Mix everything together into a paste and apply on the face, avoiding the lips and area around the eyes. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
2. For a quick fix pack, mix honey with egg white and apply it on the face. Wash off with water after 20 minutes. It leaves the face soft and glowing.
- For dull and tired eyes, dip cotton wool pads in rose water and use as eye pads over closed lids. Lie down and relax while the pads dry. It helps to remove fatigue and brighten the eyes. The fragrance of rose has a calming effect on the mind.
- Mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey with one egg. Beat them together well. Massage the mixture lightly into the scalp. Then wrap the hair in a hot towel for twenty minutes, before washing the hair. Your hair will have more body and look shiny and manageable.
- For oily hair, have a hair rinse after shampoo. A tea water and lemon rinse will add shine to the hair. Boil used tea leaves again in enough water. After boiling, you should have about 5 to 6 cups of tea-water. Cool and strain it. Then add the juice of a lemon and use it as a last rinse after shampoo.