Mobile phones have become a part of our lives. Today, we carry them in our pockets wherever we go. We keep texting, chatting or talking throughout the day holding these phones every closely. But is it really healthy?
Though there isn't clear evidence that mobile phones are absolutely dangerous, some studies do claim that radiation can gradually harm health in many ways. In the long run, cell radiation is said to affect your DNA. In fact, exposure during pregnancy could have harmful effects. Also, the risk of certain types of cancer could increase due to radiation exposure.
Some studies clearly claim that mobile phones could even alter your genetic material. Certain other health issues which are said to be linked with the radiation are eye cancer, thyroid cancer, melanoma, leukemia, breast cancer and several other types of cancers.
Though we can’t suddenly stop using phones, let us know about certain precautions to take.
- During periods in which you are sure that you won't get any calls, try to put your phone in airplane mode so that the radiation exposure will decrease.
- Using earphones is a lot better than holding the phone close to your ears. Also, avoid Bluetooth head piece as it can also emit radiation.
- When you are in an area where the signals are weak, avoid making calls from such places.
- Avoid long conversations that heat up your ears. Using a landline for long conversations is better. Or else meet the person.
- It is comparatively better to carry your mobile phone with your hands rather than placing it in your pockets.
- It is better to prefer texting instead of calling. If possible, go for texting if you have lengthy conversations
- Use your phone to make only the most necessary calls. It is better to not get addicted to using a mobile phone all the time.
Before sleeping, never place your mobile near your head. Place it as far as possible.