Fusion cuisine is one that combines elements of different culinary traditions. Cuisines of this type are not categorized according to any one particular cuisine style and have played a part in a number of innovations. Fusion food is a general term for the combination of various forms of cookery and comes in several forms. So here is the recipe:
- White chocolate chopped ¾ cup
- Fresh basil leaves 10-12 + for garnishing
- Balsamic vinegar 1-2 teaspoons
- Strawberries fresh 7-8
- Fresh cream ½ cup
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) ½ cup
- Whipped cream 1 cup
- Heat fresh cream in a non-stick pan till it comes to a boil.
- Add basil leaves and mix well. Cook for 1 minute and switch off heat. Transfer into a bowl, cover with a cling wrap and set aside.
- Roughly chop strawberries and heat in another non-stick pan. Add sugar, mix well and cook till strawberries are soft and pulpy.
- Add balsamic vinegar, mix and switch off heat.
- Remove cling wrap and discard basil leaves from the cream. Reheat the cream in a microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Add chocolate to hot cream and mix till well blended. Fold in whipped cream and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into individual glasses and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Top the mousse with balsamic strawberries and garnish each glass with a basil leaf. Serve immediately.