- Button mushrooms stems removed 12-16 large
- Saffron (kesar) a pinch
- Mayonnaise 3 tablespoons
- Onion finely chopped 1 medium
- Green chillies finely chopped 1-2
- Garlic cloves chopped 6-7
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Mozzarella cheese grated ¼ cup
- Dried mixed herbs ½ teaspoon
- Milk 4 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to180°C.
- Put onion, green chillies, half the garlic, salt, crushed peppercorns and mozzarella cheese in a bowl and mix well. Add herbs and mix again.
- Stuff the mushrooms with this mixture and place them on a baking tray. Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Take mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Heat milk in a small bowl in the microwave for 20-25 seconds. Remove from heat and add saffron. Mix well and set aside for 2-3 minutes so that the flavour gets infused.
- Add remaining garlic, salt, crushed peppercorns to mayonnaise and mix well. Add saffron milk and mix well.
- Place baked stuffed mushrooms on a serving platter and serve hot with saffron-mayo dip.