History of Indian cuisine dates back to nearly 5,000-years ago when various groups and cultures interacted with India that led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines. Foreign invasions, trade relations and colonialism had introduced certain foods to the country like potato, chillies and breadfruit. So here is the recipe:
- Whole wheat flour (atta) 1½ cup
- Powdered sugar 1 cup
- Ghee ½ cup
- Green cardamom powder ½ teaspoon
- Rose water 1 tablespoon
- Mixed nuts chopped 2 tablespoons
- Pour four cups water into a deep non-stick pan. Add powdered sugar and cook till the sugar melts.
- Heat ghee in another non-stick pan, add whole wheat flour and saute for eight to ten minutes on low heat.
- Add sugar syrup, little by little,and mix continuously. Add green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off heat and add rose water and mix well.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and sprinkle nuts. Serve hot with pooris.