Atleast 80 killed in Paris attacks, state of emergency extended


The attack took place on Thursday night at France killing 80 people and wounded many others. When the attack happened a large crowd was celebrating Bastille Day in Nice.

President Francois Hollande on Friday said the state of emergency was extended in the country for three months beyond July 26.

“The truck attack was of a "terrorist character", Hollande said on Friday

"An attack on the terrorist nature cannot be denied," BFMTV quoted.

"We must do everything so that we can fight against the scourge of terrorism," he said.

He further added, "This is France, which is under the threat of Islamist terrorism."

More than 150 people were injured in the mayhem.

France president will conduct a meeting regarding this matter with security and defence council ministers and the main authorities, said the spokesperson for the Elysee.

The state of emergency has been declared by the president after the terrorist attacks happened in Paris on July 14.

In November last year, At least 130 people were killed and over 250 injured. The attacks were claimed by the Islamic State militant group.