Virat Kohli has completed 11 years in international cricket. At this time, people on social media are congratulating Virat on this day. Kohli stepped into international cricket 11 years ago on this day. Since then, he has not looked back and is constantly going on making records one after another. Today, in this happy moment of Virat completing 11 years of his career, we have brought for you 11 interesting facts about him which you will be happy to know.
1. Virat Kohli was born on 5 November 1988. His Father Name is Prem Kohli and Mothers name is Saroj Kohli. Brother's name is Vikas, sister's name Bhavna and wife's name is Anushka Sharma.
2. The Nickname "Chiku" was given to Virat Kohli by his uncle Ajit Chaudhary.
3. Virat's father died on 18 December 2006 and the very next day he played a brilliant inning of 90 Runs against Karnataka.
4. In the IPL of 2008, He was booked for 12 lakhs, in 2018, He was booked for 17 crores, in the last 10 years, the rate increased 141 times.
5. In 2008, under his captaincy, the Indian team won the Under 19 World Cup.
6. Virat is the youngest player to receive" ODI Player of the Year award'. He was just 22 years old at that time.
7. Kohli was honoured with the Padma Shri, Arjuna Award in 2013 and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2018.
8. In 2013, Kohli started a charity called Virat Kohli Foundation, which works for the education of poor children.
9. Virat Kohli takes 3 lakh rupees in every match to write MRF on his bat.
10. Virat Kohli is the first batsman to score 20 thousand runs in the last decade.
11. Virat Kohli is a Khatri, one of the tribes of Punjab. And they come in the category of OBC.