Aloo Tikki Chole is a delicious snack dish from northern India. Aloo tikki is made with potato cutlet or boiled potatoes and spices. It is served with chickpeas vegetables. Aloe tikki chole is mixed with curd and chutney to add more flavor.
Gram - 1 cup, boiled
Onion - 1 medium sized finely chopped
Tomato puree - 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste - ½ teaspoon
Asafoetida - 4 teaspoons
Coriander Powder - 1 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
Pomegranate powder - 1 tbsp
salt to taste
Curd - 2 tbsp
Green chutney - As per need
Sweet Tamarind Chutney - As Required
Sew - 2 tbsp
Chopped Onion - 1 teaspoon (optional)
Chopped coriander (optional)
Chaat Masala - As per need
Lemon juice according to taste (optional)
* Place nonstick pan on medium heat.
Add a tablespoon of olive oil.
* Once the oil is hot, add chopped onion.
* Roast the onion until golden brown.
* Add ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw aroma comes.
Add asafetida, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, anardana powder and coriander powder to the spices.
Saute for a minute and add tomato puree. Cook the masala on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
* Once the masala starts leaving the oil on the edges, it means that the masala is cooked. Now add boiled chickpeas to the cooked spices and add salt as per taste.
Add 1 cup of water, cover the lid and let it boil.
* Once it starts boiling then reduce the heat and let it boil for 7-8 minutes. Chole is ready to be served.
How to make tikkis
* Now cut the boiled potatoes into cubes to make the tikkis.
* Soak the whole wheat bread in water for a few seconds. Now squeeze all the water from the bread and add it to the chopped potato.
* Add cumin powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, ginger powder, green chilies, red chili powder, mango powder and black salt to the spices. Put it in the potato and mash the potato.
* Now divide the mixture into 5 equal parts and make patties from it. Now apply cornflour around it.
* You have to pour some oil and cook it on a nonstick pan. Pour some oil on the tikkis and cook till brown and crispy on both sides.
Now put the tikkis in a ball and mix the chickpeas in it and after that add some curd, green chutney or sweet tamarind chutney. Tomato ketchup will also work if you don't have chutney ready.
Sprinkle chopped mint leaves and garnish with sev at the end.
Rajasthan Tourism App - Welcomes to the land of Sun, Sand and adventures