Mahashivratri is one of the largest and most significant among the sacred festival nights of India. This year the festival of Mahashivaratri (Monday, March 4, Maha Shivaratri 2019) will be celebrated on 4th March. Today we are going to tell you about offerings that are loved by lord Shiva. Lord Shiva will be pleased if you offer these things to Lord Shiva on this Shivratri.
- It is said that by chanting the mantra "Om Namah Shivaya" one should offer water to Shivlinga. It calms the mind.
- It is said that anointing Lord Shiva with milk is considered very sacrament and by offering milk, the person always remains healthy and disease free.
- Sesame seeds, known as til in Hindi is one of Lord Shiva's favourite items. It is said that offering this to him brings in abundance in your family.
- Offer some raw wheat to Shiva to make sure that you never run of food in your house and you will be full of food.
- It is said that feeding raw, unpolished white rice to Shiva will please him and will provide health and wealth to your family.
- Akdae flower is Shiva's favourite flower of Lord Shiva. You might have some trouble sourcing it then you should offer this flower to shiva on Shivaratri.
- They are also known as devil's trumpets, One should offer this to Lord Shiva specially on Shivratri. Some varieties might be poisonous, but it is said that it was Shiva's favourite.