Sri Lanka Blasts Live Updates: 290 dead, 500 Injured, Another bomb recovered at Colombo airport

Rajasthan Tourism App - Welcomes to the land of Sun, Sand and adventures

The number of people killed in the most destructive serial blasts in Sri Lanka has reached 290. A series of eight devastating bomb blasts ripped through high-end hotels and churches holding Easter services in Sri Lanka on Sunday. Nearly 450 people were injured in the attack. The Sri Lankan police investigating the serial blasts has so far arrested 24 people. On Monday morning another bomb was recovered near Colombo Airport. It was defended by the security forces. Four Indians have also died in the attack. The number of dead was 215 by Sunday night.

In order to avoid rumors after the attack, premeditated social media has been banned throughout the country. At the same time, curfew was imposed throughout the country from 6 pm to 6 a.m. Curfew was lifted at 6 o'clock in the morning. Most of the blasts occurred are in the capital Colombo.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke on the phone to Sri Lankan President Maitripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe and called the terrorist attack planned a brutal terrorist attack. PM Modi had said yesterday that he was standing firmly with a neighboring country who are facing a deadly attack. PM Modi also spoke about giving all possible assistance to Sri Lanka. Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj said that the entire matter is being monitored.

Sri Lankan Police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekera said that 66 bodies were recovered in the National Hospital. 260 wounded are being treated here. At the same time, 104 dead bodies have arrived in Negombo Hospital. About 100 injured people are being treated there. National Hospital Director Anil Jassighe said that there are 11 foreign nationals in the dead list, including people from Poland, Denmark, China, Japan, Pakistan, America, India, Morocco, and Bangladesh. At present, 19 foreign nationals are undergoing treatment in different hospitals.

The investigating police have doubted an organization. Sri Lankan Police Chief Pujutha Jaishundra had issued an alert 10 days ago that suicide bombers had conspired to target major Catholic churches.

Sri Lankan President Maitripala Sirisena requested the people to cooperate with the authorities for maintaining peace and speeding investigation of the explosion.

Rajasthan Tourism App - Welcomes to the land of Sun, Sand and adventures