After the ban in 2016, new notes of 500, 2000, 200, 100, 50, 10 rupees have been released. Now the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will shortly issue new Rs 20 denomination banknotes. The new banknote will have a base color of greenish -yellow and will be 63 X 129 mm in size.
Behind the note is the picture of Ellora caves, which reflects the country's cultural heritage. The note will have a portrait of Mahatma Gandhi with micro letters RBI, Bharat, India and 20, along with with a guarantee clause, Governor's Shaktikanta Das' signature with the promise clause and RBI emblem towards the right of Gandhi's portrait.
- The size of the new note will be 63mmx129mm
- 20 rupees will be written in see-through letters
- 20 has written in Devnagri script
- Mahatma Gandhi's picture in the middle
- In the micro letters 'RBI', 'India', 'INDIA' and '20'are written
- 'India' and 'RBI' on the security thread
-Guarantee Clouse and Signature of Shaktikanta Das
- Ashok Pillar on the right side
In the back
- Year of note printing on the left side
- Clean India logo and slogan
- language bar
- picture of Ellora Cave
- 20 marks in Devanagari