If you are planning to go out of Mumbai or go to Mumbai from an airplane then you may have to face difficulties in the coming days. About 5000 flights will be canceled till March because of the repair work of the runway. The Mumbai airport will be closed for three days a week. Due to this, airport authorities have restricted flights and due to limited flights, aviation companies have increased fares by 25-30% which can affect the air ticket demand.
According to the information, these repairs will last till March 30. Which will stop the runway on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Flight movements will be halted for a runway upgrade from 11 am to 5 pm. The repairs will last from February 7 to March 30.
About 5000 flights will be canceled during this period. Let us tell you that the repair work of the runway happens every seven years. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Airport of Mumbai is one of the busiest airports in India. Mumbai airport handles around 950 flights daily, including 30-35 Charter and private aircrafts.
Recarpeting of the intersection area is done to prevent degradation of the runways and to make them longer-lasting.
Learn the full schedule here-
- Only on March 21, Thursday, the airport is expected to be open all day on the Festival of Holi.
- Repair work of runway will take place from 7th February to 30th March.
- It will be for three days a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- The runway will be closed from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on these three days of a week.
- Approximately 230 flights per week will be canceled.
- About 5000 flights will be canceled from February 7 to March 30.
- With less flight, air fares will increase by 25-30%.
- Airlines have rescheduled their flights, including their early departure.
- Takeoff and landing of international flights will be given priority during this period. This means that domestic flights may be delayed.
- Most of the domestic flights that may be affected, their list has also been prepared.