A 45-year-old from Washington was participating in a fishing derby near the Tacoma Narrows Bridge last Friday when she met some fishermen who had caught an octopus. She decided to take a picture with the octopus for the derby's photography competition.
“It was a photo contest in the derby. So, crazy me, hindsight now and looking back, I probably made a big mistake,” Bisceglia said. During the photo shoot, she was bitten twice by the octopus, which contains poisonous venom.
"All of a sudden its beak entered my chin and my eyes popped open wide and they could all see that I was getting attacked, and the photos are taken at the moment it was attacking me," she said to Fox News.
Though the octopus left her with intense pain and bleeding that lasted for half an hour, Ms Bisceglia didn't go to the hospital until two days later, opting instead to continue fishing at the derby. A bad decision, by all accounts, as it left her face swollen and numb.