Ingredients of Apple Strudel
1-2/3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp oil
1 egg-slightly beaten
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp cornflour
1 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
5 1/2 cups tart apples, chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup, plus 1 tsp butter (divided)
1 Tbsp honey
How to Make Apple Strudel
- In medium bowl, mix flour, salt, vinegar, oil and egg.
- Add water and mix. Knead until dough is smooth place in a bowl.
- Cover and set aside one hour. Mix sugars, cornflour and cinnamon.
- On a floured pastry cloth, roll dough to a 12×8 inch rectangle. (A pastry cloth is a durable cloth made of canvas used for rolling out pastry dough)
- Spread apples over dough; sprinkle lemon juice and sugar mixture over apples.
- Dot with 2 tbsp butter.
- Using pastry cloth to lift pastry, roll dough jelly roll fashion.
- Seal edges.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Mix honey and 1 tsp butter, spread on crust.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
Source : NDTV