Apple Halwa is a traditional North Indian recipe and is a flavourful sweet dish that you can make for festivals like Navratri. This popular dessert recipe is made of apple, milk and dry fruits and is truly delicious and healthy. Kids would also love to gorge on this lip-smacking sweet dish. Try out this easy and quick recipe!
1 cup grated apple
2 teaspoon Milk powder
1 teaspoon ghee
1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
1 handful cashews
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 handful saffron
1 handful almonds
1 handful pistachios
- For preparing this amazing halwa, wash the apples and grate them in a bowl. To avoid discolouration, transfer the grated apples immediately in the milk.
- Put a kadhai on low-medium flame and add ghee in it. When it starts melting, add the milk and apple mixture in it along with saffron and bring it to a boil.
- The milk will start curdling due to the sourness of the apple. Continue stirring the mixture.
- When the apple and milk mixture becomes dry, add sugar in it and stir continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- When the halwa starts leaving the sides of the kadhai, add milk powder in it along with cardamom powder. Stir it continuously.
- When the whole milk has dried up, remove it from kadai and transfer the halwa in a bowl. Garnish with dry fruits. Serve hot.