Ankita was injured due to the fire in bedroom


Ankita Lokhande is an Indian television actress. She made her debut in 2009 with Zee TV soap opera Pavitra Rishta. She also participated in celebrity dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, along with Sushant Singh Rajput on Sony TV.

 Ankita, who lives in Mumbai, said she had lit a candle in her room which started the fire and that she burn her hands while putting it out.

Taapsee Pannu Stalked By Fan

Ankita told, "I had lit an aroma candle in my room. I don't know how my curtain caught fire and before I knew my bedroom was on fire. I tried a lot to salvage the disaster but in the process, I burnt both my hands and neck."

Things could apparently have been much worse, she explained. "Thank God that my face was not burnt. And you know what! Right outside my bedroom balcony, I had 4 gas cylinders, I shudder to think what would have happened if…," she said, adding: "I guess my good karma saved me from a major disaster."

"It hurts a lot," Ankita said. Her ruined bedroom is now being repaired and renovated.

For latest hindi news, click here