- Almond flour 2 cups
- Fine semolina (barik rawa) 1 tablespoon
- Egg yolk and white separated 1
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) ¾ cup
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Almonds blanched, peeled and halved 8
- Preheat oven to 180º C. Line a baking tray with a silicon sheet.
- Grind together almond flour and semolina to a fine powder.
- In a planetary mixer, beat together egg yolk and castor sugar till creamy. Add almond-semolina mixture and orange zest and mix well. Transfer into a bowl.
- Whisk egg white in another bowl till stiff peaks form. Add this to the almond mixture and fold in well.
- Fill this mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe out sixteen small rosettes on the lined tray and lightly press an almond half on top of each rosette.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20-30minutes or till light golden brown. Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve or store in an air tight container.