The management of two branches of Maxfort School has been taken by Delhi government.
For the first time, Delhi government has taken this decision after seeing constant violation of education department norms.
Details of the issue:
- Maxfort School branches in Rohini and Pitampura has been taken over by Delhi government
- As per reports, the school is claimed by Chadha Educational Society and S Jagat Singh Chadha Charitable Trust
- As per authorities, the school had damaged standards of the Right to Education Act (RTE) 2009 and Delhi School Education (DSE) Act 1973
- This move was made against the school subsequent to getting steady grumblings like infringement of guidelines in admission to hopefuls from monetarily weaker segments (EWS), false records and misappropriation of assets, among others
- To complete the procedure, a group drove by the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of the territory alongside governemnt authorities of the Education office achieved both the branches of the school
- In the interim, the Delhi government had constituted two advisory groups to investigate the grumblings against the school. One was framed under the bureau of instruction and the other under the District Magistrate (DM) of north-west Delhi.
One of the senior authorities said, "In the wake of getting the objections, the Education Directorate had served show cause notification to the school in April yet the school organization neglected to give us attractive answer. With an endorsement from the Lt Governor Najeeb Jung yesterday (Tuesday), the administration assumed control over the school on Wednesday."