- Mangoes – 2
- Sugar – as needed
- Cream/Milk – 2-3 tbsp (optional)
- Cardamom – 1
- Saffron/ Chopped nuts – for garnish
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Chop the flesh into small pieces.
- Take these pieces into a blender or a mixie jar. Add some cream, cardamom and required sugar. Add sugar depending on the sweetness of the mangoes.
- Blend it to a smooth puree.
- Remove the puree into a serving dish. Garnish with chopped nuts or saffron strands.
- Chill it for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Aaamras is traditionally served with fried puris
- It also goes well with rotis and pulkas.
- Of course, it can be served as it is as a light dessert or used as a topping for vanilla ice cream.
- Store the leftover in the refrigerator and use it to make mango milkshake or lassi.