KUALA LUMPUR– Nine ISIS militants including two suspects of the Puchong Nightclub bombing have been taken into custody by Malaysia police on Saturday.
“The Bukit Aman Special Branch Counter Terrorism Division arrested the suspects in Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Sabah and Kelantan between July 20 and Aug 9”, said Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar.
It was also included in the statement that, “Three of the suspects – aged between 17 and 56 – are foreigners.”
“The two Movida bombing suspects, Jasanizam Rosni and Md Saifuddin Muji, were nabbed in a hilly area in Kuala Krai, Kelantan on Tuesday,” Khalil added.
"These two were on the wanted list for conspiring in the Movida bombing. They were detained with the help of the General Operations Force's Tiger Platoon Batallion 8," he said.
“The two men had been hiding in Kuala Krai since July,” Khalid added.
"They were also waiting for further orders from Muhammad Wanndy Mohamad Jedi to launch an attack on an entertainment outlet in Johor Baru," said Khalid.
A known Malaysian ISIS warrior in Syria, Muhammad Wanndy had said in a posting on his Facebook page that the gathering had done the June 28 assault on a bar in the Puchong neighborhood that injured eight individuals.
On the off chance that the case was bona fide it would have been the primary assault by ISIS on Malaysian soil.
He included that a M67 projectile was seized, saying that the two had wanted to utilize it in the assault. "We likewise grabbed a M67 projectile, which they wanted to use in the assault," he said.
Two different suspects confined in Batu Pahat and Kuala Krai were kept for harboring the twosome," said Khalid.
Police had likewise found a suspected ISIS part, whose cell had gotten orders from Wanndy, and had debilitated assaults on the police home office in Kuala Lumpur and on government structures in the nation's authoritative capital of Putrajaya, Khalid said.
Others captured incorporated a 17-year-old in the eastern condition of Sabah, on the island of Borneo, who was accepted to have been arranging a 'solitary wolf' assault on non-Muslims in Sadakan in the wake of speaking with another Malaysian ISIS part in Syria.
In the interim, three outsiders, who were ex-military, were captured in Kuala Lumpur for purportedly utilizing the nation as a travel point to secure fake travel reports and plan an assault on a Middle East country, Khalid said.
On the last suspect captured, Khalid said the 26-year-old man grabbed in Johor was included in an arrangement to assault Bukit Aman and government edifices in Putrajaya.
"We trust he was getting orders from Muhammad Wanndy," he said.
Dominant voices in Malaysia have been on high caution subsequent to IS-connected activists completed an outfitted assault in the capital of neighboring Indonesia in January. Police said a week ago 230 individuals, including 200 Malaysians, have been captured following 2013 for association in aggressor exercises.
In June, ISIS discharged a video of its warriors from Southeast Asia approaching its supporters to bring together under one umbrella gathering and dispatch assaults in the locale.