Most women wake up early to prepare delicious dishes for their loved ones. So, we cut vegetables; grind the masala, etc, just to make sure the dish is fresh and tasty.
However, did you know that if you follow some simple rules, you can actually save a lot of your time and also make the dish taste more perfect.
So, today we shall share with you some of the simple and useful daily hacks that you can apply in cooking. One of the simple dishes that we prepare is the white plain rice. We think that preparing rice is no big deal, but sometimes we add more water and the rice turns out to be too soft, which does not taste good.
So, what do we do at times like these? How do we solve this issue? So, take a look at this article for simple and useful daily hacks that are best suited to be applied for cooking purposes.
Follow these simple hacks and enjoy cooking!
1. For White Rice: If you want your rice to be pure white and grainy, add one teaspoon of oil or one teaspoon of lemon juice to the raw rice along with the normal water quantity. Make sure you cook until two to three whistles; and your white rice is ready to be served. This type of white rice taste is best suited for lemon rice, pulav and other masala rice recipes.
2. For Raw Onions: Onions give the best taste to any dish that we prepare. But chopping the onions can be quite a painful task. So, here is a simple and useful hack that you can try. All you need to do is to take a bowl and fill it with water. Chop the onions into two equal parts. Immerse the chopped pieces into the water bowl. Leave it for ten minutes and then start cutting the onions. If you follow this method, no tears this time while you chop those onions!
3. For Ladies finger (Okra): Okra has several health benefits and is one of the best vegetables for kids. But as you start cutting it, the vegetable becomes too greasy and sticky. Worry not. To get over this, all you need to do is coat the knife with some lemon drops and then start chopping it. By doing so, the okra does not become greasy even while you fry it.
4. For Green Chillies: If you want your green chillies to remain fresh for long, remove the stem of the chilli and transfer it to a box. The green chillies can remain fresh for more than a week.
5. For Bananas: When you get fruits, never keep bananas along with the rest of the fruits, as bananas can easily spoil the other fruits. So, keep the bananas and other fruits in two different baskets.
6. For Ginger: When you want to peel the skin of the ginger, never use a knife, by doing so, half the layer of the ginger can be removed. So, always use a steel spoon to peel the skin of the ginger.
7. For Eggs: If you want to know whether the eggs are fresh or not, take a bowl and fill it with water. Place the eggs in water, if the egg floats, then the egg is bad, throw it right away. And if the egg sinks into the water, it's fresh. This is one of the simple and useful daily hacks that you need to know.