62-year-old man killed as fire breaks out in Vasai flat

303

Mumbai: A 62-year-old man from Nagpur, who was visiting his sister in Vasai, died after a fire on the second floor of a building spread to the third floor early Monday. A nine-month-old child also fell unconscious due to suffocation.

Wife’s demand for privacy not cruelty towards husband: Delhi High Court

The fire broke out in the bedroom of the second floor flat of Savio Co-operative Housing Society, Evershine City, Vasai (east), at around 4.45 am. It spread to the third floor flat belonging to the Kanche family. Jayant Deshkar, who was visiting his sister Godavari Kanche, died of burn injuries. Godavari's nine-month-old grandson Paras got suffocated due to the smoke. He is in the hospital.

Fire brigade personnel said that a short circuit in the air conditioner in the flat of Praveen Mistry caused the fire. The bedroom was badly damaged. The Mistry family, who were fast asleep, managed to run out of the house. Ten-year-old Mahir Mistry managed to runout of the house and alerted the other building residents. The Mistry family complained of uneasiness having inhaled the smoke. All residents of the building were in the compound. Electricity supply was discontinued.

Click here for more latest hindi news